Gaming in Turkey is a gaming and esports agency based in Turkey and a media hub for the whole gaming industry. The agency creates engagement among games and players and offers foundational online and offline integrated marketing services that communicate brand identity for all of its partners. Gaming in Turkey focuses on the gaming industry on all platforms, including PC, Mobile, Console, MMO, Free-to-Play or Pay-to-Play and cooperates with publishers and developers worldwide.
The 6th edition of Gaming in Turkey’s definitive report uncovers the current state of the gaming industry in Turkey, explores how the industry has been evolving in the past year and gives insights into what the future might hold.
Key findings from Turkey Game Market Report 2021 include;
- The concept of Metaverse, which the game industry is familiar with but recently became a hot topic, left its mark at the end of 2021
- 2021 was a year where the COVID-19 pandemic continued and mostly social activities weren't carried through, similar to the state of 2020
- Total player revenue exceeded $1 billion and revenue of mobile games accounted for half of the total revenue in 2021
- The vast majority of investments were made to game studios, especially mobile game developers. Of the 48 game studios that received an investment, 22 produce mobile games in the hyper-casual genre
- 78% of adults in Turkey play mobile games. Puzzle/trivia/word games are in the first place with 48%, as the favorite game genre of mobile players in Turkey
- Mobile was the main driver, and more than $90 billion of total global revenue was generated from mobile games
- The average score of games on Google Play by Turkey-based publishers was 3.97 out of 5 ¹
UAhero took part in the report by providing the “AI in Gaming” section, which analyzes how AI can impact revenue generation in gaming and how it can be utilized to sweeten the fun for the players.